Will you consider making a difference in someone's life?
Please complete our online volunteer form in the left menu or call 770-761-9333 for more info:
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
Help coordinate donations
Assist with child care
Assist with fund raising
Work with the children's program
Assist with the day-to-day operation of the shelter
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Willingness to make at least a six month commitment.
- Completion of volunteer training and necessary follow-up
Volunteer skills needed:
- The ability to empathize not sympathize.
- Awareness of yourself and your own values.
- An open mind.
- The ability to know your own limitations.
- Honesty with yourself and with others.
All volunteers are required to sign the Project Renewal Confidentiality Pledge and submit to a background check.
Project Renewal officially opened its doors on November 13, 1995 as the first tri-county shelter for victims of domestic violence serving Newton, Rockdale and Walton counties.
In 2005 Project Renewal has provided over 26,680 individual services to families in crisis.
We have answered over 2000 crisis calls and sheltered 255 individuals. Without your help we would not be able to provide these services to families in crises.